Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Daze



Happy Spring!

Not really. More like Wishful Thinking. It's the beginning of March and we were ushered in with a huge snowfall. I used to love snow. Now, it's starting to piss me off. Oh sure, it's lovely to look at, I'm okay with driving in it, and I love playing in it with my son. It's just so freakin' cold out there.

I want April showers now. So do the crocuses in front of the house, which stuck up their sunny yellow heads last week. I bet they feel stupid and slightly premature. No weather sense, those flowers.

The cool thing about snow and where we live, is that you can see what kind of critters are trespassing through your yard. We see deer tracks, rabbits, birds, dogs, and the wanton destruction of a little boy on a mission. Whatever his mission is, is known only to him. I suppose he could tell us what it is... but then he'd have to kill us. I'd rather not know anyway.

Sometimes, ignorance IS bliss.

And sometimes a crocus is extremely optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment