Monday, June 7, 2010

Excavations

I'm trying to get off the gardening kick, but I found several disturbing excavations in my garden early this evening.

SOMETHING had been digging there. Perhaps attempting to burrow. Maybe looking for food. Or the mother ship.

I'm not sure if it was the Dill Aliens (see previous post), since the excavations weren't near the dill and the excavator apparently tried to do its digging close enough to the driveway to run away quickly, if need be.

There are plenty of chipmunks and squirrels and other rodential types in the neighborhood. Maybe the mulch looked like an easy in for them. The digger did not seem to make much progress once it hit dirt.

This does not a happy camper make. It's fodder for a cranky camper. Because I've invested too much sweat and pride in my attempts at landscaping beautification. I thought I did very well as a novice.

Maybe this is a test. By the local rodent garden club.

Curse their cute rabid little rodent selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment