Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blessing My Nest

My horoscope yesterday told me to "bless my nest" and "dedicate a room or corner as my office". I'd been planning to do just that, and before I knew it, I was cleaning out my closet as a way of procrastinating on the hard stuff: i.e, moving furniture and cleaning away four years of whatever had been growing/living in the previously inaccessible space.

I'd even made a special trip that morning, before I read the daily prediction, and purchased a desk blotter. It's more of a protector so I can put my computer on the surface of the table in use without scratching it.

Right in the middle of my cleaning and purging efforts, the overhead light died on me. The room I was working in is one of the larger rooms in our modest home and has a high ceiling and only one window which faces north. It was also overcast today, so when the light went out I truly was in the dark. Usually when I'm in the dark it has nothing to do with the ambient light.

I am a "natural" blonde after all.

Lucky for me there are other light sources in the room and I continued until I got tired of trying to figure out what to do with all the crap.

After moving stuff around, I realized that the original layout would work the best if the table was just pulled away from the tight little corner.

Now if only my husband would move out his crap, we'd have a nice serene space that might be conducive to some creativity.

I can dream can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment