Monday, May 3, 2010

On Hold

It's dark and damp today, so I opted against touching-up the bathroom in favor of running some errands. The lighting in the bathroom is really bad. Touching up would an exercize in futility.

Lately I find the prospect of errand-running extremely distasteful. I just don't wanna hafta do it. But I did want to pick up a curtain rod for the bathroom, which I did. I was going to get one in white, but it looked to "country" for what I was going for, so I chose silver instead. I went with my gut. I like it, so no regrets there. Yet.

I also wandered into Pier 1, for which I have a gift card. I've had the gift card for years, forgotten for a while, and lately burning a hole in my pocket. And today, during my browse I found an item I never expected to find. A basket - no TWO baskets narrow and tall enough for the little cubbies to the left of the sink vanity.

Oh joy is mine!

Especially when I got them home and tried them for size. They fit! Miracle of miracles. And, thanks to the gift card, they didn't cost me anything. I LOVE that!

I'm big into repurposing these days. With my unemployed condition dragging on, I'm making every effort to use what I have rather than buy something new. With all the crap we have cluttering up the basement, I really shouldn't ever need to buy anything again (she said, not realizing how that declaration could come back to bite her in the ass).

It's really empowering.

For example, when we moved in, I bought a shower curtain tension rod for the upstairs shower. But the tension thing doesn't work. I kept thinking I needed to buy a new one so the shower curtain won't roll away while someone is in there. Then I remembered I have regular curtain tension rods the right size for that shower cubicle and decided that one of those would work just as well. I used something I had and decreased a little(tiny tiny) bit of clutter.

There's also the shelf I'm going to repaint, and a shower curtain I had made for our last place that will both find new homes in the bathroom. Now I just need to go through my stuff and find enough fabric to remake into curtains.

The starfish hook, I bought. I'm not sure if I like it.

It's very exciting to rediscover a space and new uses for things that are already on hand.

Oh jeez...
blahblahblahrainbowsandbutterflies.

I need to go sniff some of that low VOC paint. Clear my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment