Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Hate To Shop


When I have to.

I'm not much of a shopper, but it's okay when I'm just browsing and don't actually need to buy anything. I'm an impulse shopper. I buy what I like when I see it, but I wasn't necessarily looking for it. Not that I buy everything I see that I like. I have learned to appraise an object with deliberate consideration and try to determine if it's really necessary to my life.

Usually the answer is no.

But a few days ago I wandered into a consignment shop with my Mom just for the hell of it. We had just eaten too much for lunch and needed to walk some of it off. So we waddled ourselves all the way next door to browse. Y'know, for fun.

We saw some lovely things. I collect cobalt glass and my Mom wanted to buy a set of glasses for me, but since I have no room for them, I declined (see? aren't I good?)

And then I took a little detour and saw this:

I loved it and decided that this mirror I had to have.

So I took some pictures of it to show my husband so he couldn't complain about it if I just brought it home without a consultation.

He liked it! He rarely likes anything I like. So I called the shop and asked them to hold it for me.

It is now hanging in my entryway. And it looks cool, but I have to get used to it because a non-reflective picture was there before and now I have to look at myself everytime I walk by and I'm wondering if this was really such a good idea. Kind of like how I felt after I saw the blue paint on the walls in the bathroom.

OY.

The decisions we have to live with.

That'll teach me to carefully consider my impulse buys.

No comments:

Post a Comment