Sunday, May 16, 2010

Local Fauna



I was surfing Google Maps for a coffee shop near where I have to drop my son for a birthday party today when a goldfinch came to visit.

I was about to open the window and heard some scrabbling at the glass, turned around and saw Mr. Curious Goldfinch hanging out with me.

He sat there for minutes. Long enough for me to call in my son and my husband to see. Long enough for me to get up, get my camera and take some pictures. Long enough to endure a bit of movement at close range. Until I got a little too close to the window with my camera. Off he flew.

I opened the window and a few short minutes later, he was back. Cocking his head at me, looking cute and trying to get me to read his mind. I don't read bird minds, but maybe I'll take it up as a hobby.

He's hanging out with me still.

I do think he's trying to tell me something. Like "I want to use your hair for a nest", or "You look fat in that shirt", or "Get off your ass and go do something".

Geez. Everyone's a critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment