Sunday, April 11, 2010

Somebody Stop Me, I'm Gardening

Seriously, I don't do the "garden" thing. I do the cooking thing. Or the reading thing. Or lots of other things. But gardening does not fall under the heading of "things" I do.
It's a thing I don't.

But lately, the weeds, the wild plants, the dead stuff, it's all speaking to me. In a very nasty way.

"Get off your ass and take care of us"

Who said that?

Oh, Jiminy Cricket I'm talking to myself again.

Let's face it. I'm embarrassed about taking my turn with the book club because they all have nicer homes than me. And yes, they are nice people, but this is small-town judgemental New England and I can't face the embarrassement. I also don't have enough chairs.

But maybe, just maybe, if I can overcome the abject hate of standing out in the sun and pulling weeds and crap, and get the "garden" to a state of "not bad", "looks like she tried", then maybe (just maybe) I can make my way indoors and make some positive changes there.

I'm always thinking about it. I just need to act on it.

There is the chance, however, that I've been watching too much HGTV and DIY Network and I'm just deluding myself with regard to what I really can accomplish. But I honestly think, that most of it is just the need to commit myself and jump into the cold water without hesitating.

I'll get the gardening done, paint the bathroom and then I'll have a tag sale and get rid of all the extra crap.

Won't that feel good? And by the time the tag sale rolls around, the garden should look pretty good.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment