Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Swearing 101

I live in a small town. Yes, you already know that. And I know that you know that. I acknowledge your knowledge of my small town existence.

I also acknowledge that I love to swear. A lot.
That makes me frustrated, because despite a zero tolerance policy for bullying at the local elementary school, bullying is rampant and the general feeling is that kids will be mean.

So you would think that swearing would be out of control. But, apparently in this small town, swearing is frowned upon. I understand that swearing might be unacceptable in school. In fact, my child was reprimanded for allowing himself to be goaded, by a girl in his class, into saying the "eff" word. Three times. In the lunchroom. Good god, it's anarchy. Small children saying words that mean nothing to them and getting into trouble.

What is the world coming to?

But parents mustn't swear.

What the fuck is up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment