Friday, November 6, 2009

Wallow Wallow


I have been wallowing in the depths of unfocused miasma. I like that word. Miasma. Mine is self-inflicted. Too many tasks on my "to do" list, too little time to "do".

I am overcome by the massive amount of clutter that I can't seem to purge. Granted, a huge part of it is unpurgeable because it is not mine. Were I able, that part of the clutter would be so easy to part with. I have no emotional or professional attachment to it. Pull up the dumpster boys, I'm going to fill it up.

But alas, I may not toss it, so I continue to trip over it. And it continues to trip me up in other ways. Emotionally, physically, psychologically. I'm a mess. A confused, conflicted mess.

My horoscope says that with Saturn moving out of Virgo things will get better. I'm waiting. I'm wondering if I have to hit bottom first.  Of course, I may never hit bottom because there's too much clutter preventing me from getting to the bottom. So I'm wallowing in a no-man's land of crap and missing hardware.

Missing hardware makes it very hard to complete small, useful projects. We have a great hardware store in our town. Family owned. The people that work there can actually answer your questions and they know where stuff is. I like the hardware store. I like browsing and fantasizing about all of the projects I could do. But having one doesn't help if you don't know what hardware you need because you can't find it in the first place.


See what I mean. Confused.

Maybe what I really need is a glass of wine and a good night's sleep.

Not necessarily in that order.


No comments:

Post a Comment