Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Liberation

Sometimes, without planning or foresight, life gets in the way. Before you know it a week or a month has passed.

This past week, it was less about life getting in the way, and more about me having a life.

I had a life these past few days. It's been wonderful. I went to the city and attended a reading of a new play authored by a good friend. The play was engaging and theatrical, and I can't wait to see it produced. I got to visit with friends, eat with friends, drink with friends, shop with friends, and try to avoid the radar of a roving mariachi player. I'd forgotten what it was like to go out, have a cocktail, chat, browse a really big bookstore, and not feel the pressure of needing to get home.

I've also been tapping into my own rusty creativity, singing with my cousin who is becoming my musical partner-in-crime. And she feeds me too. Really well.

It is liberating.

Votes for women!

No comments:

Post a Comment