Thursday, April 9, 2009

Food Lamentations

I apologize now for the whine, but I just can't help myself. Maybe if I had some wine I wouldn't be so whiney, but wine would make me feel worse. In my dotage I find I can't drink wine anymore.

Be that as it may, what I do want, just for the record, is a really good meal that I don't have to cook myself.

Having laid that out there doesn't make me feel any better though because I'm still hungry and I still have to cook dinner. Tonight. Maybe not tomorrow night, but probably. The only other options are mediocre pizza and Chinese. Not overly appealing.

Doesn't quite seem right, does it?

Company is coming this weekend, and due to the finances of all concerned, we'll be eating in. A lot. And I'll be cooking. A lot. And then I'll be doing all the dishes, which will also be a lot due to the lack of a lovely appliance known as a dishwasher. In our house, the dishwasher looks a lot like me and runs on caffeine instead of electricity.

What do I want? Aside from a dishwasher (and a new kitchen... a girl can dream), I want some really good Mexican (can't get it around here), or really good Middle-Eastern (ditto), and a really REALLY good margarita to wash it down.

Is that too much to ask?

My whiney eight year old's whineyness is rubbing off on me. So I'm not making "good choices." It is making me cranky. It is making me pine for a margarita. A margarita, some really good nachos, and the bliss of a sleeping child.

*heavy sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment