Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gray Matter

It's one of those mornings. Rained all night so it's wet and dark outside even though the sun theoretically rose a couple of hours ago.

Kinda matches my mood.

All I really need is a hot shower and for the coffee to kick in. Then I'll be good to go. And my mood will probably pick up when the sun comes out a little later.

At least it's supposed to, according to weather.com. The sun coming out, I mean. No guarantees on my mood.

The forecast is one of those things I never learn from. From which I never learn. (English is weird, isn't it?) Even though I know I can't count on it, I remain eternally hopeful that: the sun appear; we'll get that rain; tomorrow will be a snow day... I could break into song right now. But the advil hasn't kicked in either, so I won't.

Meanwhile, it's barely breakfast for some people and my day is already shot with appointments and obligations. And yet another trip to the grocery store. How does that happen? Will someone please tell me?

The future waits for no one. Especially the unwashed masses with too much to do. I'm off to cleanse my mood. And maybe, if I'm standing up, the coffee will circulate more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment