Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow


A week just got away from me and I'm certain I don't know where it went. Maybe south, with the snow-birds, to warmer climes. Because winter's fury is heading our way and we're ready.

Plenty of milk, eggs, and bread. Firewood stacked and ready. Butter softening to make cookies. And a new plastic toboggan waiting to be christened by an enthusiastic eight year old.

I love snow. Especially this early in winter. I love the snowball fights, the peaceful quiet of the falling snow. The holiday lights reflecting in the snow. And then coming in for hot chocolate with whipped cream. Chocolate AND vanilla whipped cream.  YUM.

What I don't like is the hype. The news and forecasts are full of this "blizzard" heading our way. People get panicky and flock to the stores. I stopped into the grocery store earlier for a package of rolls, turned around and walked right back out. It was ridiculous.


And I will live without the rolls.

But not the cookies. Of course, I have to make them first.

Details.

If snow is headed your way, I hope you're safe and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment