Sunday, December 13, 2009

Musings on Soccer and Alcohol

Yesterday was sunny and not too cold. We were supposed to get our Christmas tree.
We didn't.

Today is overcast, supposed to rain, and my son has his first indoor soccer game. And we have to get our tree today (since we didn't get it yesterday - see above). But we have to do it before it rains. And, did I mention, my son has his first indoor soccer game. Today. Right after lunch. In the middle of the afternoon. So we have to run out this morning and get a tree so it's not all wet and drippy when we bring it in the house.

WHY?


We signed up for indoor soccer because, historically, it starts in January and runs for six Sundays. It's a good opportunity for the kids to run around for an hour when otherwise stuck inside due to frigid temperatures. This may be New England, but we're wimps, and frigid temps are the best reason to stay inside. Preferably with a Hot Toddie.

 I want to meet the genius who decided it was a good idea to start indoor soccer two weeks before Christmas, the third day of Hanukkah, in the midst of holiday preparations and gatherings. It's already an incredibly hectic time, trying to arrange schedules and searching for a little downtime. Aw hell, who needs downtime? I don't need to lower my blood pressure.

OY!

I guess I'm a little stressed. Perhaps it's time for a cocktail. Or a mimosa since it's not even 10:00 AM yet. Mimosas are a wonderful reason to drink in the morning. I've never been a Bloody Mary kinda girl. Never could stand the smell or taste of vodka. I prefer tequila. And champagne, of course.

Whatever it is, you add a little orange juice and call it breakfast.


Hmmm, just writing about it has helped me take a deep breath - and made me thirsty. But now it's back to reality - soccer games and Christmas trees. And trains all over the damn house.

And dreams of that bottle of prosecco chilling in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment