Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is It Home Yet?

I just saw an ad on another blogsite with the tagline "Is it Home yet?" with a picture of a sunburst clock. As in, "our-accessories-will-make-your-house-a-home".

It's a subject that's been much on my mind lately. I moved, with my husband and offspring, into this house a little over three years ago, and dove head-first into the excitement of making a house a home. Only to hit a major roadblock. My husband. He has very different ideas about decorating than I have.


Granted, I watch a little too much HGTV, but here I have this blank canvas with a wealth possibilities that I could fill with the ideas I get from tv designers. Oh the painting I could do. The rugs I could use to define spaces. The art I could hang. The closets I could reorganize.

I love to organize. I have organized many things around this house and it always feels so good when some things find a home. I love the sense of order. But I'm not the only one who lives here.


Alas, my live-in roadblock. Whose idea of decorating is living out of the boxes that moved his belongings here three years ago. But that's not entirely true. He's unpacked a lot of stuff. It's sitting on the floor. In the office, in the bedroom, sometimes in the kitchen and most definitely in the basement. Piles of paper, boxes, purchases still in their bags.

And the light and bathroom fixtures? They're still cluttering up the place too. Not in any way that's useful, however.

So, when I saw the ad "is it Home yet?" I thought to myself, sadly, "No. No it's not."

And at this rate one wonders if it ever will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment