Thursday, August 6, 2009

Birthday Presents

My Dad's birthday is mere days away and I have nothing for him. Not even a card - yet.

What the hell do you get the man who never needs anything; buys clothes for himself instead of giving us an easy way to get something nice for him? Who always insists he doesn't need anything and doesn't want us to spend our money on him.

What a dope.

It's so bad this year, that my mother's solution for herself was to get him a battery powered toothbrush, which she's sure he'll hate. She told me I could go to a certain ice cream parlor and get a pint of the coconut ice cream which he loves.

Coconut ice cream?

You know I will. I'll go there and get it. But ... c'mon! My creativity in finding things for my Dad which will not just sit in a drawer (or freezer) is being taxed here.

The frustrating thing is... he really doesn't need anything. Except cash. A lot of cash. But that's not to say that there might not be some little luxuries he would enjoy.

Thus, the coconut ice cream.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment