Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday to Me!

A couple of days ago I had a birthday. It was an adequate birthday. Nothing terrible happened. Nothing wonderful happened. It was just one of those days when there was too much other shit going on to be able to really make it about me.

My Dad got a cake for me. It was the only cake I got. It was all chocolatey and yummy and gooey.

I don't really like cake. I'm an ice cream kinda girl. But I love that my Dad got the cake for me. He does things like that.

Tomorrow will be about me. A facial early in the day, sushi for dinner. Mmmmm. Can't wait. I'm having a Homer moment just thinking about it.

Next year's birthday will be a milestone birthday. I want a party, dammit. A big, honkin' blowout. The squirrels are invited. We'll sit around, drink margaritas and eat nachos. Squirrels like nachos. I think.

Today, though, I have to clean up the water in the basement. We had an "incident" with a 2.5 gallon bottle of water.

But I'm thinkin' I'll just let it evaporate. I'm sick of trying to clean and maneuver around all of the damn boxes down there. Hopefully, that shit that got wet isn't mine. I've been getting smart and putting my stuff in plastic boxes. I've also been getting rid of a lot of it. Unlike that pack rat I live with. I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it. Good thing I have plenty of coffee.

Evaporation is the way to go. Now if only the laundry would evaporate.

No comments:

Post a Comment