Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hairbrained Ideas

Some days I feel like Lucy; cooking up another hairbrained scheme to get me into Ricky's show.

Ironically, I'm not usually a hairbrained kinda girl. A little too practical and a little too concerned about getting in trouble.

That "fear of authority" kind of thing.

But today, in one of those free-associating moments I had while waiting for some pasta in the microwave, I had a flash of genius. A great idea. It's so good that it makes absolutely no sense. I'm still trying to puzzle it out. My Puzzler is getting sore.

The nine year old in my life is helping me overcome my fear of hairbrained ideas. He's one of those kids who's brain never stops coming up with the next great idea. Even if it's something that he has no idea has already been invented. When he finds out it has been, he tweaks it and makes it his own. No fear. No trepidation. No follow-through.

Lucy had follow-through. I have to give her a lot of credit for that.

Of course, she is a cartoon.

My boy just has so many ideas. He never lets logic get in the way. And he never stops coming up with the next great thing.

That's why, when I had my hairbrained idea today, I sent an email to a friend and shared it with her.

She may never speak to me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment