Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Snowman Cometh

Yeah. We're still waiting. Been snowing for hours and the grass isn't even covered. Back in the dark ages of my youth, I'd be sitting in school right now wondering if there would be an early dismissal. But I would be in school.

We got the call last night that there would be no school today. Due to the Mega-Storm heading our way.

There's not even enough snow to build the snowman's head, let alone the rest of him.

It's just as well. I have no carrots for noses and what for eyes? Cucumber slices maybe? We could offer the finest in snowman spa amenities. It would be great until the birds found them and pecked their eyes out.

Sounds like a Hitchcock movie. I wonder if Alfred Hitchcock was really a snowman in disguise getting even with humans for years of snowman abuses. Or should I say snowpeople? Is it necessary to be politically correct when it comes to snow personages? This is, understandably, gray area.

Back to the snow. Once again, the weather service has created panic and closures due to a forecast they can't really guarantee. Maybe later I'll feel more kindly to them. If they deliver on the snow.

There has to be enough to have a decent snow ball fight with my kid.

And maybe make a snowman. Snowwoman. Snowperson. Snow turd. That's about my speed.

I don't have any pictures of Snowbeings, so I'll leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment