Saturday, July 25, 2009

Recipe for Disaster

I'm baaaack...

Sorry I've been away so long.

This morning, it being Saturday, cartoons were on and coffee was in the cup.

I usually drink my coffee from a nice, heavy, ceramic mug. Not today. Today my husband took a trip to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and treats. I don't prefer their coffee, but the prospect of having it "delivered" was nicer than having to limp into the kitchen and make it for myself.

My husband likes to use DD's plastic cups with the lid that slides closed.

You know the ones I'm talking about? The UNSTABLE ones?

My morning coffee was delivered to me in a reusable, unstable plastic coffee cup. My choice. I was thinking that I should avoid the use of styrofoam whenever possible.

So there I was, sitting on the chaise, reading a book, occassionally sipping coffee. When my son wanted to play the have-mom-sit-on-the-end-of-the-chaise-while-I-run-at-her-and-try-to-knock-her-down game. It took him three tries, but he did succeed in knocking me down. While we were cuddling there on the chaise, Mr. Gangly legs knocked the unstable cup of coffee, on which I had failed to close the top, and suddenly there was hot coffee pooling around my butt, all over the chaise.

So here's the recipe:

1 chaise
1 unstable coffee cup full of hot coffee, with the drinking lid open
1 gangly eight year old
1 mother
floor space for running (optional)
paper towels (for cleanup)
Instructions: Shake. Do not stir.

I still smell like coffee, even though I've changed all of my clothes. I do love my coffee, but maybe not this much.

No comments:

Post a Comment