Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tequila Days


Happy Cinco de Mayo! I'm already off to a poor start with nothing stronger than coffee. None of my tequila-drinking friends are nearby enough to join for margaritas for breakfast. It's just as well. I have some driving to do today and the weather is not conducive to tequila induced driving. Especially since, in my advanced age, tequila makes me sleepy.


I'm not really that old. I don't feel that old. My husband likes to remind me how old he is, thus how old I am by association. This is where my denial muscle kicks in and I refuse to accept the age thing. You're as young as you feel, right? Well, then I'm 23 and I'll be out until 10pm enjoying Mexico's holiday. I'd stay out later, but there's no place to go around here after 10pm.


We're in the middle of nowhere, remember?


However, if I provide some nuts, I'm sure I could get a group of squirrels together. With enough tequila, I could probably keep up with the conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment